G. David Sprowl
David is a Founding Managing Partner of WD International, and a certified leadership coach. David is committed to the mentoring and coaching of individuals with a focus on their professional and personal growth. As a seasoned educator, he has a demonstrated ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures and is fluent in English and Spanish.
In December 2020, he and his partner, in WD International Consulting, Walter Coffey were appointed as the International Regional Coordinators for The Eden Alternative SPAIN, where he resides.
For over thirteen years, David served as the Executive Director of Lutheran Towers, a 203-unit high-rise affordable housing community for elders located in the heart of Midtown Atlanta, Georgia. During David’s tenure, he developed a strong management team.
David empowered the staff to create and implement innovative programs and services. The successful care partnerships his team developed provided the elders living in this affordable housing setting with one of the strongest supportive service programs in the country.
He is a leader in the culture change movement and his dedicated commitment to the person-centered philosophy was demonstrated by 80% of his staff becoming certified Eden Alternative Associates. Through various roles, David has gained extensive knowledge and experience with providers of housing and services throughout the continuum of aging. As part of his commitment to individual/staff development, David served as a guide for the LeadingAge Georgia Leadership Academy for over 14 years. Currently, he co-facilitates the Academy, and provides individual leadership coaching for each participant.
On a national level, he served as a Leader-in-Residence for the LeadingAge national Leadership Academy, where he shared his experience and advice to emerging leaders from a variety of organizations from across the U.S.
Over the course of his career, David has held the position of Program Analyst for the Office of Inspector General for the U.S. Health and Human Services, Vice President of Members Services for LeadingAge Georgia, and various positions over 16 years with the IBM Corporation. His last position with IBM was as Central Operations Team Leader for Latin America.
“Leadership Coaching is the Missing Link to Retain Staff”, Senior Advisors Journal
“Person-Centered Care: 2021 The Year of Empathy”, dependencia.info}
“A Christmas Gift: The Eden Alternative Spain”, CENIE.es
“Another Path Towards Person-Centered Care: Beyond Empathy”, dependencia.info
Featured in the “Wisdom” section of the national magazine, “FutureAge”, for making a difference through servant leadership.
Presentations and Workshops
- “Eden Talk” speaker at the 2014 Eden International Conference
- Extended Workshops on Person-Centered Care for Inforesidencias.com (Barcelona and Madrid, Spain)
- International Conference on Long-Term Care: Foreign Experiences & Challenges for Russia in Moscow
- TZMO Romania International Long Term Care Conference in Bucharest
- The Eden Alternative International Conference, various extended workshops
- Pioneer Network
- LeadingAge (National)
- National Affordable Housing Management Association
- LeadingAge Georgia
- Southeastern Affordable Housing Management Association
- Georgia Gerontology Society
- South Carolina’s State Conference on Aging
Boards and Service Positions
- Humanitarian Coaching Network (Volunteer professional coach supporting staff working in humanitarian and development organizations globally)
- LeadingAge National Public Policy Congress
- LeadingAge National Ethics Commission
- National Board of Directors of CCAL – Advancing Person-Centered Living
- Board of Directors and Public Policy Committee of LeadingAge Georgia
Education and Credentials
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish/Business Administration
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) with a concentration in nonprofit management
- International certification as a Credentialed Leadership Coach via the International Coaching Federation (ICF ACC)
- Certified Eden Alternative Associate
- Certified Eden Educator and Neighborhood Guide Associate
- Certified Aging Services Professional (CASP)
- Certified Professional of Occupancy (CPO)